Perfios-AA is committed to our customers and we keep the customer at the centre of focus for all our actions. We do everything that is needed to ensure that the customer is always happy with our service. Our customer has rights that we guarantee to ensure. To ensure that the customer’s rights and concerns are addressed, Perfios-AA follows the Ombudsman scheme of RBI for NBFC-AA. The process to approach the Ombudsman is detailed in the section below.
1. RIGHTS GURANTEED
Perfios-AA guarantees that: I. All Services provided shall be in compliance with all applicable laws as amended from time to time and only with specific customer consent. II. No customer data shall be stored with or read by Perfios-AA in any manner. The financial data of the customer shall not be sold, disseminated in an authorised manner or be used in any manner deviating from process prescribed by law and in any manner detrimental or likely to be detrimental to the customer. III. No customer data shall be requested, fetched or shared without the express prior written consent of the customer specifically authorising the same as documented under the relevant customer artefact. IV. The customer shall have the ability to determine the duration of customer data and shall approve the classes of data that shall be requested, fetched and shared in the process of providing Services. V. The customer may at will revoke the consent provided by them and Perfios-AA shall immediately honour any such revocation to stop the request, fetch and sharing of such data in respect of which the consent has been revoked by the customer. VI. Perfios-AA shall maintain a log of all customer requests and enable the customer to call for and have a look at the logs of his requests and revocations.
2. OMBUDSMAN SCHEME
Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies, 2018 : Salient Features HOW CAN A CUSTOMER FILE COMPLAINT?
GROUNDS FOR FILING A COMPLAINT BY A CUSTOMER
- Interest/Deposit not paid OR paid with delay Cheque not presented OR done with delay.
- Cheque not presented OR done with delay.
- Not conveyed the amount of loan sanctioned, terms & conditions, annualised rate of interest, etc.
- Notice not provided for changes in agreement, levy of charges.
- Failure to ensure transparency in contract/loan agreement.
- Failure/ Delay in releasing securities/ documents.
- Failure to provide legally enforceable built-in repossession in contract/ loan agreement.
- RBI directives not followed by NBFC.
- Guidelines on Fair Practices Code not followed.
How does Ombudsman take decision?
- Proceedings before Ombudsman are summary in nature
- Promotes settlement through conciliation If not reached, can issue Award/Order
Can a customer appeal, if not satisfied with decision of Ombudsman?Yes, If Ombudsman’s decision is appealable Appellate Authority: Deputy Governor, RBI NOTE
- This is an Alternate Dispute Resolution mechanism.
- Customer is at liberty to approach any other court/forum/authority for the redressal at any stage.
Address and Area of Operation of the Ombudsmen for NBFCs
|SN||Centre||Address of the Office of NBFC Ombudsman||Area of Operation|
|1||Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Union Territory of Lakshadweep and Union Territory of Puducherry|
|2||Mumbai||Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu|
|3||New Delhi||Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Punjab, Union Territory of Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, and Rajasthan and State of Jammu and Kashmir|
|4||Kolkata||West Bengal, Sikkim, Odisha, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bihar and Jharkhand|
FORM OF COMPLAINT (TO BE LODGED) WITH THE NBFC OMBUDSMAN Download Form